Flash roasted salmon
- ! lb. fresh asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen salmon fillets with skin
- 1 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tsp. snipped fresh parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Place 1 lrg, and 1 medium cast-iron skillet (or oven safe heavy skillet) in a cold oven: heat oven to 450. In a medium bowl, combine asparagus and 1/2 tsp. olive oil: sprinkle with coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Brush the remaining tsp. of oil on both sides of fish: sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Carefully remove hot skillets from oven. Place fish, skin side down in the large skillet. Place asparagus in medium skillet. Return skillets to oven. Bake for 12 mins. or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
To serve, sprinkle fish with lemon peel and parsley. Serve with lemon slices.