German Chocolate Brownies
- COCONUT PECAN FROSTING:
- 2 boxes of brownie mix ( I used Hershey’s double chunk)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of kraft caramel bits
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut (make sure it’s fresh)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Adapted from iheartnaptime.net
1. Bake Brownies according to package. Allow to cool.
2. Melt chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute and drizzle with a spoon over brownies.
3. Melt caramel bits in microwave for 1 minute and drizzle over chocolate.
Combine egg yolks, sugar, milk, butter, and vanilla in a large saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 12 minutes ( Make sure to stir consistently for at least 10 min). Add coconut and pecans. Beat until thick enough to spread. Pour over top of brownies. You may want to place in the refrigerator to harden.