If you're a fan of Publix Chili, then try this stay at home recipe... you'll love it too!
- 1 onion, chopped, divided
- 1 1/2 pound ground chuck beef
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 tespoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can ( 10.75 ounce) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes/sweet onions (undrained)
- 1 can (10 ounce ) milder diced tomatoes/green chiles (undrained)
- 1 can (16 ounce) chili beans in mild sauce (undrained)
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans (drained)
Remove ends and peel from onion; chop onion coarsely and divide in half.
Preheat large saucepan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place beef, chili powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and one-half of the onions in pan. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until meat is brown and no pink remains.
Stir in remaining ingredients, including remaining one-half onions. Bring to a boil, stirring often.
Reduce heat to low; cook 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally, to blend flavors. Serve.