Pasta - Sausage and Cabbage
- 3 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup (or More) chopped onion
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 head of cabbage (if large head) or whole if small head...cut into julienne strips. It will look like too much when you put into pan, but it really cooks down
- 10 oz can of chopped tomatoes drained (or fresh if you have)
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 Jimmy Dean's hot sausage
- Enough fusilli for the two of you and to have for left overs.
- Chicken broth
Cook the sausage and break it up to add later.
Heat oil in pan, add onion sand sauté for about 5 min, then add garlic and sauté for another minute. Add the cabbage and turn to coat with the oil and mix with the onion. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan with lid ajar and simmer over low heat stirring occasionally for about 40 min. I add chicken broth to keep it moist and to create a bit of a broth for the pasta. Add the cooked sausage at the end.
Cook the fusilli and combine with the cabbage and sausage mixture. Top with parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Captain Jack's Salmon Rub 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Green Tomato Pickles - Catfish... 3.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Reboot - Smoothie - Blueberry Bliss 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Veal Stew 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork Rub 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- BISQUICK ZUCCHINI PIE 3.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Sous vide Corned Beef and Cabbage 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Classic Baked Ziti 4.7/5 (3 Votes)