Bread Pudding (Pumpkin Pecan)
- 4 cups cubed Longo's pumpkin cranberry bread, (half loaf)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pecan halves chopped
- Maple syrup
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. In 8 inch greased casserole dish, combine bread and chhese, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, milk cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth.
3. Pour over bread mixture and move bread around so mixture sinks into bottom evenly, and let stand for 20 minutes.
4. Sprinkle pecans over top and bake in 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until golden and knife comes out clean when inserted in centre.
5. To serve, drizzle with maple syrup as desired.