makes 24 muffins
Calories: 110 Protein: 3g
Carbohydrate: 20g Saturated Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 150mg
Dietary Fiber: 2g Sugar: 10g
Fat: 3g Trans fats: 0g
- 1 1/2 c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. almond flour
- 1 c. packed Hy-Vee brown sugar
- 3/4 c. oat or wheat bran
- 3 tbsp chia or flax seeds
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee baking soda
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee baking powder
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee ground cinnamon
- 2 Hy-Vee large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 1/3 c. Hy-Vee cinnamon applesauce
- 2 tsp Hy-Vee vanilla extract
- 3 c. grated zucchini, drained (about 2 medium)
- Chopped Hy-Vee walnuts, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 29mins
Adapted from hy-vee.com
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat mini muffin pan with cooking spray; set aside.
2.In a large bowl, combine flours, brown sugar, oat bran, chia seeds, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside.
3.In another large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, applesauce and vanilla. Stir in zucchini, mixing just until combined. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. Do not over-stir.
4.Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. If desired, top with walnuts. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove muffins to a wire rack. Cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.