Italian Skillet Mushroom And Chicken Stew
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms quartered
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans Italian stewed tomatoes - (14 1/2 oz ea)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fresh green beans trimmed, halved
In a large nonstick skillet heat oil until hot. Add chicken; cook until brown, 3 to 4 minutes a side; remove from skillet.
To skillet add mushrooms, onion, celery and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt and chicken; top with green beans. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes longer. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Deviled Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)