Green bean fries
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all -purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbs. toasted sesame oil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and coat a large jelly roll pan with the vegetable oil; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour with 1/8 tsp. of the salt. Add the green beans and toss to coat.
3. In a shallow dish, mix half the bread crumbs with half of the remaining salt. Place the eggs in another shallow dish. A few at a time, submerge the green beans in the eggs to cover, then roll in bread crumbs to coat. Add the remaining bread crumbs and salt to the breaking dish.
4. Arrange beans on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer and drizzle with the sesame oil. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown