Italian Mushroom And Eggplant Sauce With Linguine
- 8 ounces linguine uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms quartered
- 1 can stewed tomatoes - (15 oz)
- 7 1/2 ounces canned caponata (eggplant appetizer)
- 4 ounces hard salami diced
Cook linguine according to package directions; drain; place in a serving bowl; cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium-high heat melt butter; add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, caponata and salami; simmer to blend flavors, about 5 minutes. Add a pinch of sugar, if desired. Serve over warm linguine.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Linguine and Clams 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Skillet Linguine With Bacon And... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- The Mushroom Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deviled Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom And Spinach Polenta Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hearty Mushroom And Olive Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Game Hens, With Orzo... 0/5 (0 Votes)