Zucchini - Stuffed
8-10 servings. 5 stars.
- 1 1/2 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 1 lg green pepper, chopped
- 1 + jalapeño pepper, minced (to taste)
- 1 1/4 c soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 T dried parsley flakes
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- 1 t salt
- 1/8 t fresh ground pepper
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce, divided
- 2 med tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4-5 med zucchini
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
In lg bowl combine first 11 ingredients & 1 can tomato sauce; mix well. Stir in tomatoes. Halve zucchini lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Fill with meat mixture; place in two 13x9 baking dishes. Spoon tomato sauce over each.
Bake uncovered at 375 for 45 min until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with cheese during last few min of baking.