Blue Cheese Chicken Burgers
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/4 cup(s) barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 pound(s) uncooked extra lean ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) dried plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 4 item(s) mixed-grain hamburger roll(s)
- 2 cup(s) romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 large fresh tomato(es), cut into 8 slices
- 2 Tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
Off heat, coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce and hot pepper sauce. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce mixture, scallion, celery, breadcrumbs, garlic and salt. Using wet hands (to prevent mixture from sticking), form chicken mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties; brush top of burgers with some remaining barbecue sauce mixture.
Place burgers on grill, sauce side down; brush tops of burgers with remaining sauce. Grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Lightly toast open-faced buns on grill during last minute of cooking.
To serve, place 4 bun bottoms on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce, 2 tomato slices, a burger, 1/2 tablespoon of cheese and a bun top (cheese will melt a little from hot burger). Yields 1 burger per serving. 8 points per serving.