Crawfish Cakes with Sauce
By Fleur de lis
- 1 lb crawfish tails
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Tony Chachere's seasoning
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro or fresh parsley
- Tabasco to taste (optional)
1. Chop crawfish tails in a food processor. You want it chunky and not
2. In separate bowl, mix crawfish tails with Worcestershire, cayenne, green onions, mayonnaise, seasoning, garlic and beaten eggs. Stir to combine.
3. Add just enough bread crumbs to bind ingredients together. Start with 1 1/4 cups and add as necessary.
4. Shape into 8 cakes or patties.
5. Cook on George Foreman grill or brown over medium heat in nonstick skillet with just a little oil.
1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
2. Serve a dollop of the sauce over or on the side of each cake.