Hoisin-Flavored Mushroom, Chicken And Noodle Stirfry
- OPTIONAL GARNISH:
- 8 ounces cellophane noodles or spaghetti uncooked
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger (or 1/2 tspn ground dried ginger)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 ounces shiitake mushrooms stems removed, and caps sliced - (abt 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast cut 1/4" strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup diagonally-sliced green onions (scallions)
- Enoki mushrooms
- Sliced radishes
- Toasted sesame seeds
If using cellophane noodles cover with cold water for 20 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, fill a large saucepot 3/4 full with salted water; bring to a boil. Add cellophane noodles; cook 1 minute. Drain and rinse under warm water; set aside in a serving bowl covered to keep warm. If using spaghetti cook in salted water according to package instructions then proceed as above.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over high heat, heat oil until hot. Add garlic, ginger and red pepper; cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is golden and fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add mushroom; cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, soy and hoisin sauces; simmer until chicken is no longer pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Toss with reserved pasta along with green onions. Serve immediately garnished with enoki mushrooms, sliced radishes and toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.