Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
Keep this slow cooker recipe handy - you'll want to make it often! Use chicken breasts or budget-friendly thighs with a tasty honey-sesame sauce.
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (Optional)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds
- Cooked rice or noodles for serving
Adapted from chef-in-training.com
Season both sides of chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Put into crockpot.
In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from crockpot, leave sauce.
Dissolve cornstarch in water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce.
Replace lid and cook sauce on high for 10 more minutes or until slightly thickened.
Cut chicken into bite size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.
You'll also love
- Apple Pie Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (124 Votes)
- Apricot Crostini 4.5/5 (123 Votes)
- Creamy Bacon & Cheese Dip 4.5/5 (127 Votes)
- Slow Roasted Beef (Cook's... 4.2/5 (184 Votes)
- Lemon Butter Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (127 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.4/5 (130 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Lo Mein 4.3/5 (68 Votes)