Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
Keep this slow cooker recipe handy - you'll want to make it often! Use chicken breasts or budget-friendly thighs with a tasty honey-sesame sauce.
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (Optional)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds
- Cooked rice or noodles for serving
Adapted from chef-in-training.com
Season both sides of chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Put into crockpot.
In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from crockpot, leave sauce.
Dissolve cornstarch in water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce.
Replace lid and cook sauce on high for 10 more minutes or until slightly thickened.
Cut chicken into bite size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.
You'll also love
- Peach Cupcakes with Peach Cream... 4.4/5 (136 Votes)
- Apple Pie Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (124 Votes)
- New Longhorn Steakhouse Parmesan... 4.1/5 (168 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker BBQ Chicken 4.3/5 (144 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff 4.5/5 (124 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- Limoncello Cake with Mascarpone... 3.8/5 (192 Votes)
- Red Lobster Shrimp Pasta 4.2/5 (150 Votes)