Herbed Broiled Fish With Mushrooms
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup coarsely-chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 flounder filets - (4 oz ea)
Preheat broiler to hot. Rinse, pat dry and slice mushrooms (makes about 2 3/4 cups); set aside.
Core tomatoes. Cut 1 of the tomatoes into 4 slices; dice remaining tomato (makes about 1 cup); set aside.
In a medium skillet heat oil until hot. Add onion, garlic, oregano, black pepper, reserved mushrooms and diced tomato. Saute until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes; remove from heat.
Place fish in a single layer on a greased baking pan. Spoon mixture over fish. Top each filet with a reserved tomato slice (brush lightly with oil, if desired). Broil 3 inches from heat source until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, 3 to 5 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.