Creamy Orzo with Asparagus and Parmesan
- 1 cup Orzo
- 1 cup Asparagus, cut into 1 in pieces
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Bring a large sauce pan of water (filled about halfway) to a boil over medium heat. Cook the orzo until tender, about 10 minutes.
After the orzo has been cooking for about 5 minutes, add the asparagus to the same pot (this will allow the orzo and asparagus to cook in the same pot and keep the clean-up to a minimum!).
Once the orzo and asaparagus are cooked and tender, drain and return to the pot.
Quickly add the parmesan cheese and butter. Stir thoroughly, allowing both the cheese and butter to melt. Slowly add the cream to the mixture, while stirring. Continue to stir and add cream until you reach your desired consistency.
Season with salt and pepper.
Voila! You have a delicious side dish! Serve immediately
You'll also love
- Macaroni and Four Cheeses 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vegitarian - Eggplant and Potato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BUNDT CAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Linguine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan Asparagus and Bell Pepper 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Soup with Spinach and Orzo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ORZO WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES 0/5 (0 Votes)