Macaroni and Four Cheeses
8 servings, 2 cups each
10 points plus
- Cooking Spray
- One 16-ounce box macaroni
- two 10-ounce packages frozen pureed winter squash
- 2 cups lowfat milk
- 1 1/3 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 2/3 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 tbsp. plain panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 375F. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Drain and transfer to the baking dish.
Meanwhile, place the frozen squash and milk in a large saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally and breaking up the squash with a spoon until it is defrosted. Turn the heat up to medium and cook until the mixture is almost simmering, stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheeses, salt and mustard. Pour the mixture over the macaroni and stir to combine.
Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan and oil in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the top of the macaroni and cheese. Bake until the cheeses are bubbling around the edges, about 20 minutes, then broil 3 minutes so the top is crisp and nicely browned.