Boiled Crawfish-Cajun style
By Fleur de lis
- 1 45lb sack of live crawfish
- 8 lemons
- 2 (26 oz)boxes of table salt
- 6 large onions, pealed
- 3 (4oz) bottles crab oil
- 1 (3 oz) bottle red pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Rinse crawfish in lots of clean water, drain and rinse again.
2. Refill pot with water and add salt.
3. Let crawfish remain in salted water for 15 mins.
4. In a large outdoor pot fill half full with water.
5. Add lomon, onions, garlic, crab boil, red pepper and olive oil.
6. Bring to boil and let simmer about 30 minutes.
7. Bring back to rolling boil and add crawfish.
8. Cook 15 mins until crawfish begin to rise and float to the surface.
9. Turn off and add one more quart of ice.
10. Remove, drain and eat
11. If cooking potatoes, put in water at start of heating
12. If cooking shucked corn or new potatoes, put in 5 mins before you add crawfish.
You'll also love
- Orange Jello (Christine) 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Marinated Mushrooms 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Tuna Salad Melt Upgraded 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlic Seafood Pasta 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Thin Spaghetti with lobster 4/5 (1 Votes)
- TUNA AND HUMMUS SANDWICHES 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Beazell's Shrimp, Corn and Crab... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crawfish Sauce 4/5 (1 Votes)