Crab Cakes - Emeril's
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions 1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, plus more for seasoning breading 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne 1/2 cup bread and butter pickles, roughly chopped, for garnish
- 3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper 1/2 cup pickled onions, roughly chopped, for garnish
- Read More http://www.ivillage.com/emerils-delmonico-crab-cakes-mustard-creme-fraiche/3-r-332929#ixzz26AkxAWbQ
- Sign up for iVillage Special Offers
In a mixing bowl combine the crabmeat, mayonnaise, panko, green onions, chives, parsley, lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon of the white pepper and stir gently to combine. Divide the crab mixture into 8 evenly sized cakes, about 1/4 cup each, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes before proceeding.
Place the flour into a shallow bowl and season lightly with salt. Place the egg and milk into a second shallow bowl and mix with a fork or small whisk. Season lightly with salt. Repeat with the breadcrumbs and a third bowl. Remove the crabcakes from the freezer and, one by one, dredge in the flour, then the eggwash, then finally in the breadcrumbs, shaking excess from the cakes after each step. Transfer to a clean parchment lined plate or baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crabcakes and refrigerate until ready to cook, at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours in advance.
While the crabcakes are chilling, make the Mustard Crème Fraiche by combining the crème fraiche, lemon juice, mustard seeds, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside to allow the seeds to soften.
When ready to cook the crabcakes, place enough vegetable oil in a large (12-inch) skillet to come about 1/2-inch up the sides of the pan and heat over medium heat. When oil is hot, add the crabcakes to the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper lined plate to drain briefly before serving. Serve hot, with the Mustard Crème Fraiche drizzled over the top and garnished with the chopped pickles and onions.
You'll also love
- Smoked Pork Chops with Spicy... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Olive Garden Spaghetti Carbonara 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Tomato and Mozzarella Tilapia Bake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Parmesan – Mayonnaise Crusted Cod 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Japanese Steakhouse White Sauce -... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- PAPAYA & SHRIMP SALAD WITH CURRY... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Cajun Crabmeat Au Gratin 4/5 (6 Votes)