- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces white or cremini mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika, plus more for topping
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken or mushroom broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook as the label directs, then drain.
Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they begin to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, the chicken, flour, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until the chicken browns, about 3 minutes.
Add the chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a gentle simmer; cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Continue simmering gently until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 more minutes.
Divide the noodles among plates. Top with the chicken mixture, parsley, some sour cream and paprika.
Per serving: Calories 671; Fat 23 g (Saturated 11 g); Cholesterol 238 mg; Sodium 711 mg; Carbohydrate 69 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 44 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani