Grasshopper Fudge Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp mint extract
- 3 egg whites
- 12 drops green food color
- 2 jars (16 oz each) hot fudge topping
- 1 (8 oz) container cool whip
- 5 drops yellow food color
- 1 bag Andes mints (chopped)
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of 13x9 pan with baking spray.
2) Make cake mix as directed on box, using water,oil,1 1/2 tsps of the mint extract and the egg whites. Reserve 1 cup batter. Stir 3 drops of green food color into reserved batter, set aside. Pour remaining batter into pan.
3) Drop green batter by generous tbps randomly in 12-14 mounds onto batter in pan. Cut through batters with metal spatula or knife in S shaped curves in one continious motion. Turn pan 1/4 turn; repeat cutting for swirled design.
4) Bake 28-33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
5) Carefully spread fudge topping evenly over cake. In medium bowl, stir cool whip, 1/2 tsp mint extract, 9 drops green food color and yellow food color until blended. Spread whipped topping mixture evenly over fudge. Spread Andes mints over whipped topping.