Wisconsin Cheese Soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrots
- 1/2 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Wisconsin medium Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Wisconsin Aged Cheddar Cheese
Melt butter in a 3 quart saucepan.
Add vegetables cooking just until tender but not brown.
Stir in flour and cooked 1 to 2 minutes to get the flour taste cooked out.
Then slowly add the chicken stock, cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Cook and stir 1 minute more.
Add the cheeses slowly stirring in figure 8, that way the cheese blends in will not a big ball of cheese, until all cheese is melted.
Season if you wish with pepper.
Simmer for 15 minutes stirring it every now and then.