German Style Mushrooms With Potatoes
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled
- 4 slices bacon
- 3/4 cup dairy sour cream room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender. Meanwhile, rinse, pat dry and slice mushrooms (makes about 5 1/2 cups); set aside.
Drain, cool and cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes (makes about 2 quarts.); set aside.
To 1/4 cup of the bacon drippings left in skillet, add onion and mushrooms; saute for 3 minutes. Stir in sour cream, salt and white pepper. Add parsley, potatoes and bacon; cook over low heat just until hot, stirring gently.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (165 Votes)