- 5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts(cut in half)
- 2-3 T Adobo seasoning
- 1 T olive oil
- 2-3 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sofrito
- 14 ounce can diced chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup manzanilla olives, halved
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 5 large yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch dice
- Salt & pepper to taste
Heat oil in large skillet oven medium-high heat. Season chicken with Adobo seasoning and brown chicken in batches, turning once,about 4-5 minutes per side.
Transfer each batch of browned chicken to a large slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir.
Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours until chicken just pulls apart with a fork.