Fresh White Mushroom Croquettes
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh white mushrooms divided
- 1 large onion quartered
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 3/4 cups Italian flavored bread crumbs divided
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 jar meatless spaghetti or Alfredo sauce - (abt 17 oz)
Trim mushroom stems. In the container of a food processor, combine 1 pound (about 6 cups) of the mushrooms, the onion and garlic; pulse just until; coarsely chopped.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until hot. Add mushroom mixture; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender and most of the liqud has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat, spoon into a large bowl. Stir in 1 1/4 cups of the bread crumbs, the cheese, egg and pepper. Form into ten 3-inch long croquettes.
Place remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs on a plate or sheet of waxed paper; coat croquettes with bread crumbs. Slice remaining 1/2 pound mushrooms; set aside for later use.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoom of the oil until hot. Cook croquettes on both sides until browned, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil until hot. Add sliced mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in spaghetti sauce; cook until hot about 2 minutes. Serve over croquettes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This recipe yields 5 servings.
You'll also love
- Deviled Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)