Potatoes (Champ) (Mashed Potatoes)
- 3 medium red potatoes (with skin on and washed)
- 3 medium yukon gold potatoes (with skin on and washed)
- 3 medium white potatoes (with skin on and washed)
- (can add sweet potato but must be peeled and cut into large chunks)
- 2 large carrots peeled
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (milk may be substituted)
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. Cut potatoes and carrots in half and boil gently in salted water until tender for about 30 minutes. Drain well.
2. With electric mixer, at high speed, whip mixture for one or two minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients and conture to whip until potatoes are light and fluffy.