Vegetable Tortellini Bowl
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 tsp powder
- 12 cups chicken stock
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1-1/2 cups chopped zucchini, with peel
- 1 cup chopped yellow or red pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12-1/2 oz pkg fresh beef-filled tortelllini
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves, lightly packed or greens of your choice
Heat cooking oil in dutch oven or large pot on medium high. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often until onion is softened.
Add next 8 ingredients. Stir, bring to a boil. Add tortellini. Stir. Reduce heat to medium. Boil gently, uncovered for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tortellini is tender but firm.
Add spinach. Stir. Cook for about 2 minutes until spinach is wilted. Discard bay leaves.