Jalamango Lime Wings
- For the Wings:
- 4 lbs Chicken Wings untrimmed / or 3 lbs Chicken Wings cut into flats and drumettes
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- 1 TBSP BBQ Rub (something not too salty)
- For the After-Sauce:
- 1/3 cup Hot Mango Chutney (about half of a 9 oz bottle)
- 1/4 cup Sliced Pickled Jalapenos, plus 1-2 TBSP Diced Pickled Jalapenos
- Juice and Zest of 1 small to medium-sized Lime
- 1/2 TBSP freshly chopped Ginger, plus 1 tsp freshly chopped Ginger
- 2 TBSP Pineapple Juice
- 3 TBSP Honey
- 1 large clove of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the chicken wings, evenly coat them with the Baking Powder and BBQ Rub. Place them in the fridge and set your BGE for an indirect cook at a 350-375 deg f dome temperature. Make sure your grill grate is lubricated with cooking spray. Once you get a nice clean burn, toss on your wings. Let them cook for about 1 hour (sometimes upwards of 1 hour and 15 minutes) until the skin is nice and crispy. They should have a fried-like texture when they are done. They will stay plenty moist on the inside, so don't worry about overshooting your target temp.
While you are waiting for your wings to cook, whip up the After-Sauce. In a food processor, combine the Hot Mango Chutney, Lime Zest, Lime Juice, 1/2 TBSP Ginger, Pineapple Juice, Honey and Garlic. Pulse the mixture until it is thoroughly combined, and then transfer to a bowl. Then add in your additional 1-2 TBSP Diced Jalapenos, 1 tsp Chopped Ginger and Salt and Pepper to taste. Adding the Jalapenos and Ginger at the end will create a little bit of texture for the sauce.
Once your wings are done, toss them in a bowl and pour your After-Sauce over them. Toss them around and serve at once.