Apple walnut cake
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- One cup peeled finely chopped apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- Two large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- One 8 ounce container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1-3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
Combine nuts, apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix at low speed after each addition until blended. Stir in vanilla.
Pour half of the batter into the Bundt pan. Spoon apple mixture over batter, leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edges. Pour remaining batter over mixture. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan, and drizzle with glaze.
To make the glaze, combine the first three ingredients, and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add sugar, beating at low speed until smooth.