Button Sugar Cookies
Use playdough cookies recipe, add neon food coloring. Use a circle cookie cutter and a one size smaller circle cutter to make the circle "groove". Use a plastic straw to make the button holes.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a bowl cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir till soft dough forms. Divide dough into sections. Tint each with a different food color. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out dough and use circle cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Use straw to make holes. Place cookies 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
4. Bake cookies for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and store in an airtight container.