Banana Cream Cheesecake
A Taste of Home recipe. Yum for guests. Can be made a day or two ahead for party ease. Also freezes well.
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 to 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/banana-cream-cheesecake#ixzz3Ang7aa5e
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto
the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan or
9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes. Cool on
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 2
cups whipped topping. Arrange half of the banana slices in crust;
top with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers.
In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in remaining whipped topping.
Pour over the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumb
mixture. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 436 calories, 24 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 405 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.