HOMEMADE BROWN SUGAR
I have made my own homemade brown sugar for years. You use white sugar, add molasses and mix well. I was always running to the store for brown sugar until I discovered this...
- Light Brown Sugar: For each cup of white sugar
- add 2 tablespoons of molasses.
- Dark Brown Sugar: For each cup of white sugar
- add 4 tablespoons of molasses.
- Mix well with a fork.
- You may make a bunch and store in an airtight canister.
- This is half the cost of brown sugar you would
- buy at the grocery store.
If you store it, give it a good mix with a fork before measuring it out.