Curried Mushrooms And Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces fresh white or crimini mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh soy milk
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 bag mixed chunky frozen vegetables - (16 oz) cut large pieces (such as cauliflower, broccoli, edamame, and carrots)
In a large skillet (preferably nonstick), heat oil over high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until liquid evaporates, 4 to 5 minutes. Add curry powder and garlic; cook and stir until mushrooms are lightly browned, about 2 minutes more.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk soymilk with flour, salt and ground red pepper. To mushrooms, add frozen vegetables and the soymilk mixture; cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is slightly thickened and hot, about 5 minutes. Serve over rice, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.