Evil Jungle Princess Thai
This is my homemade version of my most favorite red curry, coconut milk, chicken and noodle thai dish. It is so extra tasty!!!!!
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon grass paste
- 1/4 cup Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, add more if you wish
- 1 to 2 tablespoon red curry paste, to your taste.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Hunan chile sauce, optional
- Rice noodles
- 1 sweet yellow onion, sliced in 2" slender pieces
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, or tender beef, cooked
- 1 lime
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced in 2" slender pieces
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 can corn or baby ear corn
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Combine first 11 ingredients into small pot and simmer to keep warm. Add as much or as little of the curry to desired taste. I typically measure nothing. Just add until I get my desired taste.
Prepare rice noodles according to directions on package.
Sauté onions and and sliced chicken in pan with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and lime juice to taste.
Slice and prepare all vegetables. Sauté mushrooms until desired tenderness in a little oil, add all the rest of the vegetables. Sauté. Keep them crunchy. Do not over cook them.
2 minutes before you are ready to serve, add the chicken or beef to the veggies. Stir to warm.
Place desired noodle in bowl. Add veggies and chicken. Pour sauce over top.
Note: I had to double the sauce ingredients in order to make enough sauce for my liking, this fed a family of 4 with plenty leftovers.
Note: Skip the hassle of all fresh vegetable prep and save time with two bags of frozen stir fry or thai veggies of your liking.