Crustless Mushroom And Spinach Tart
- 2 tablespoons dry Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach thawed, squeezed dry
- 4 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with vegetable cooking spray, sprinkle with bread crumbs coating evenly; shake out excess; set aside.
In a large skillet in hot oil, cook mushrooms and onion, stirring frequently, until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms and onion are tender, about 7 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in spinach.
Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in one cup of the Swiss cheese, the Parmesan cheese and mushroom mixture; pour into prepared pie plate. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of Swiss cheese around the edge of the pie. Serve cut into wedges.
This recipe yields 6 servings.