Chilli (Jenny's Chilli)
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cups sliced celery (4 large ribs)
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 -16 oz. cans beans (jenny uses hot chilli beans)
- 1 28 oz. can whole stewed tomatoes,cut into quarters (do not drain), or 2 lbs. whole tomatoes, cored and chopped.
- 2 46 oz. cans tomato juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. REGULAR CHILI POWDER, CHILI 3000 OR CHILI 9000
- 1/2 tsp. SMOKED SPANISH-STYLE PAPRIKA
- 1/4 tsp. GROUND CHIPOLTLE
- 1/4 tsp. CAYENNE PEPPER
Preparation time 15mins
In a large stock pot, brown the ground beef. Drain will, Add the onion and celery and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add he mushrooms,beans and stewed tomatoes with the juice from the can. Stir gently so you don't mash the beans. Add the tomato juice and SPICES, continuing to stir slowly but thoroughly. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Jenny likes to use fresh tomatoes instead of canned when possible.