Blueberry corn salad
- Blueberry Corn Salad
- Yield: Serves 6-8
- Simple summer salad with blueberries, sweet corn, cucumbers, cilantro, jalapeño, red onion, and a honey lime dressing.
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large pot, bring water to boiling. Add corn. Cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut corn from the cobs. Discard cobs.
2. In a large serving bowl, combine corn, blueberries, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno. To make the dressing, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note-you can make this salad a day in advance. It keeps well.
Recipe adapted from BHG
You'll also love
- Fresh Mushrooms and Water... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Berry Cobbler 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlic Seafood Pasta 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Angelfood Cake Dessert 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Olive Oil Lemon Loaf 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Beazell's Shrimp, Corn and Crab... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blueberry Buckle 4/5 (1 Votes)