zucchini with potatoes and thyme
Use a waxy potato that will hold its shape and take on good color in this skillet hash, which pairs well with any grilled or roasted meat or seafood. Sauté the potatoes first, then the zucchini, so both will brown and cook through evenly.
- 4 tablespoonsextra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 poundswaxy potatoes (such as Yukon Gold), peeled, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, quartered
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoonsfresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 poundszucchini, cut into 1/2 " cubes
Heat 3 Tbsp. oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Combine potatoes and garlic in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add potato mixture to hot skillet. Without stirring or moving pan, cook potatoes until light golden brown on one side (this will prevent sticking), 3–4 minutes. Using a spatula, toss potatoes and cook until light golden brown on all sides and cooked through, 8–10 minutes longer.
Add thyme; toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl; set aside.
Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet. Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook until light golden brown and tender but not mushy, 5–6 minutes. Add to bowl with potatoes and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (397 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)