Asian Mushrooms And Pasta With Peanut Sauce
- PEANUT SAUCE:
- 6 ounces penne pasta uncooked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces snow peas cut 1" pieces
- 8 ounces boneless pork chops cut thin strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger - (to 1 1/2)
Prepare Peanut Sauce: In a large bowl combine all ingredients until well blended; set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until hot. Add sliced mushrooms and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until almost tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in snow peas; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add mushroom mixture to bowl with Peanut Sauce; set aside.
Wipe out skillet; add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add pork strips; cook and stir until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir into Peanut Sauce along with drained pasta; stir until well coated. Serve warm or refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve on shredded iceberg lettuce with radish slices, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.