Cod (Pan-Seared) with Fennel Ragout
Recipe from John and Barb's cooking class!
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/4" strips
- 3 T. olive oil
- 2 large fennel bulbs, stalks trimmed and discarded, each bulb cut into 8 wedges
- salt & pepper
- 1 3/4 c. chicken broth
- 2/3 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. chpd drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 lg garlic cloves, finely chpd
- 4 (7 - oz) pieces cod, scrod or halibut (about 1" thick)
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- chpd parsley for garnish
Preparation time 45mins
In large saute pan cook bacon until slightly crisp. Using a slotted spoon transfer to a bowl. Add 1 T. olive oil to saute pan and then the fennel. Season with salt and pepper, saute over med heat until lightly browned, 6-8 minutes. Add the broth, cream, tomatoes, garlic and fennel and cook, partially covered over low heat. Stir occasionally until the fennel is tender and the cream is slightly thickened, about 20 minutes
Meanwhile, warm the remaining 2 T olive oil in another skiller until moderately high heat, Season fillets with salt and pepper and saute for 4 minutes. Turn over and saute until just cooked through, about another 3 minutes.
Stir the mustard and bacon into the fennel ragout and season with salt and pepper.
Divide the fennel ragout among 4 plates. Place the cod on top and garnish with chopped parsley.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)