Rainbow Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces (3/4 box) bow tie pasta, preferably whole-grain
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup cooked, cooled corn kernels
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup cooked, cooled chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese, diced (about 1 cups)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste, optional
Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Drain, then transfer to a large bowl and allow it to cool completely. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
Add the corn, carrot, tomatoes, broccoli, mozzarella, basil and the lemon-oil dressing to the pasta and toss to combine. Season with black pepper and additional salt, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings