Smotheres pork chops with smashed potatos
- 1 1/2 lvs red potatoes cut into cubes
- 2 1/4 cups tricolor coleslaw mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp evoo
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 portobello mushrooms caps sliced
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to a coil and cook until fork tender, 12 minutes. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, stir in the coleslaw, drain and return to the pot. Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup broth. season with salt and pepper. Smash with a potato masher
2. Meanwhile, coat the pork with the flour and season with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat 1 tbs EVOO over medium high heat. Add the prok and cook, turning once, until browned, 5 minutes. Cover, lower the heat to medium low an cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
3. In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tbsp EVOO over medium high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook until lightly browned, 5 minutes. Add the remaining 1/4 cup broth, increase the heat to high and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup sour cream, season with salt and pepper. Spoon on top of the pork chops and serve with the potatoes.