Provencal Chicken- And- Vegetable Main Dish Salad
- Breaded Dijon Chicken Breasts
- olive oil
- 3 cups dried bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Province
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- Provencal Chicken-And-Vegetable Main Dish Salad
- 1/2 bag (8 ounces) pretrimmed green beans (2 cups)
- 1 bag (5 ounces) spring salad mix
- 4 Breaded Dijon Chicken Breasts (above), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup drained presliced roasted red bell peppers
- 3 pre-hard-cooked eggs, slicedadd to shopping list
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light green parts, sliced (1/3 cup)
- 3/4 cup French vinaigrette salad dressing
1.Breaded Dijon Chicken Breasts directions: Combine the first 6 ingredients as follows: Arrange two shelves in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Drizzle oil generously onto two 17" x 11" baking pans or other large shallow baking pans.
2.On a large sheet of waxed paper, combine the bread crumbs, herbes, and paprika. On another large sheet of waxed paper, lay the chicken in a single layer. Coat both sides evenly with the
3.mustard. One at a time, dip both sides of the chicken into the bread crumb mixture. Shake off any excess. Place in a single layer on the prepared pans. Drizzle with oil.
4.Bake for 15 minutes. Rotate the pans. Bake for about 10 minutes longer, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest portion registers 160°F and the juices run clear.
5.Set aside 4 chicken breast halves to use in the Provencal Chicken-And-Vegetable Main Dish Salad recipe below. Reserve the remaining Breaded Dijon Chicken Breasts and let stand to cool completely. Place in a zipper-lock bag and refrigerate for up to 3 days for use later at a later time or in another recipe.
6.Provencal Chicken-And-Vegetable Main Dish Salad directions: Place the beans in an 8" x 8" microwaveable baking dish. Add enough water to come 1/4" up the sides of the dish. Cover with
7.plastic wrap, leaving a small corner vent. Microwave on high power for 6 minutes, or until the beans are crisp-cooked. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Pat dry. Let stand
9.Meanwhile, arrange the spring mix on a large serving platter. Top with the chicken, peppers, eggs, scallions, and the reserved beans. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.