Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Grandma almost always made this recipe with fresh pumpkin. She baked a small pumpkin in a 350°F oven until tender, then cut open the pumpkin and scraped out the seeds and strings. She scooped out and mashed the pumpkin or pureed it in a blender. After making this recipe, Grandma had leftover pumpkin, which she froze in a rigid plastic freezer container or used to make pumpkin bread.
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (9-inch) baked deep-dish piecrust
Adapted from mygreatrecipes.com
1.Combine the marshmallows and pumpkin in a large nonstick saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the marshmallows are melted.
2.Add cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Chill, covered, for 1 hour.
3.Place the whipping cream in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at high speed, adding sugar gradually, until stiff peaks form.
4.Fold 2 cups whipped cream into pumpkin mixture. Spoon into piecrust. Chill remaining whipped cream.
5.Chill pie, covered, for 1 hour. Top with dollops of remaining whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (197 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (191 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Pumpkin Dessert 4.5/5 (181 Votes)