Vegetarian Mushroom Stew
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes peeled, chopped
- 3/4 pound zucchini sliced (2 3/4 cups)
- 2 green peppers seeded, and cut into 1" pieces - (abt 2 cups)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
Rinse, pat dry and quarter mushrooms (makes about 4 cups); set aside.
In a large saucepan heat oil until hot. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, zucchini, green peppers, Italian seasoning, black pepper and reserved mushrooms. Simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
Stir in wine, continue to simmer, covered, for 2 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Deviled Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)