Bacon-Wrapped Salmon with Fruit Chutney
I added a Tsp of sugar and a splash of OJ to the chopped cranberries and jam. Simmered to soften and sweeten the cranberries. Dick & I agreed that the bacon really didn't add anything to the dish. Just pan fry or bake the salmon, place atop a mound of rice and top with the chutney.
- 8 slices center cut bacon
- 4 ounces skinless salmon fillets, 1/2-inch thick
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1. On a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels, micro cook four slices of bacon at a time on high for 1 1/2 minutes. (I used center cut bacon and did not pre-cook).
Meanwhile, rinse salmon, pat dry; lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap two bacon strips around each fillet.
In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook salmon, bacon seam-side down first, for 3 to 4 minutes per side (longer for thicker fillets) and cook on all sides until bacon is crisp and salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork.
2. For chutney, in a small saucepan combine jam and cranberries. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until heated through. Serve salmon with chutney and thyme. Makes 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Sweet Peach Tea Cupcakes 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cannoli 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Crockpot Honey Apple Pork Loin 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- French Onion Beef Stroganoff 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Old Spaghetti Factory Clam Sauce 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Crab Cake Mac N Cheese 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Garlic-Parmesan Tilapia 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Cape Cod Soft Molasses Cookies 4.6/5 (21 Votes)