Veal Scaloppine With Mushrooms And Peppers
- 1 pound veal cutlet, 1/2"-thick cut 1" pieces
- 1 garlic clove sliced thin
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1/2 cup celery cut in pieces
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes (or 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil - (to 4)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 large green pepper cut 1" pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese - (to 3) (or other Italian grated cheese)
Heat oil in large fry pan. Add garlic and veal and slowly brown. Add onion, celery and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes. If mixture becomes too thick, add a little water.
Cook mushrooms and peppers in butter until mushrooms are lightly browned. Add to veal mixture and cook for about 10 more minutes. Turn off heat and stir in romano cheese.
This recipe yields 4 servings.