Two-Cheese Mixed Vegetable Pizza
- 8 ounces white mushrooms sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 package prebaked 12" pizza shell - (16 oz)
- 2 cups trimmed fresh spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 3 plum tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl toss mushrooms, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper; set aside.
Place pizza shell on a pizza pan or baking sheet. Top with spinach, 3/4 cup of the mozzarella, the tomatoes and mushrooms. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
Bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Swiss-Style: Prepare and bake as directed above but omit Italian seasoning, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Spread shell evenly with 2 tablespoons prepared mustard then layer as follows: Spinach, tomatoes, 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese, mushrooms, 1 small thinly sliced red onion and another 3/4 cup Swiss cheese.
Southwestern: Prepare and bake as above but use 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro for the Italian seasoning, 1 1/2 cups shredded hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese for the mozzarella and 1/2 cup sliced, pitted black olives for the Parmesan cheese.