- 1 –10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- One egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Six chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 12 x 8" casserole dish.
Combine the first six ingredients and set aside. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
Place each chicken breast between two sheets of waxed paper and pound it to one quarter inch thick. Sprinkle with pepper. Place spinach mixture in center of breast, fold ends, and secure with a toothpick. Roll in crumbs and place in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs and drizzle with butter. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.