Twice Baked Potatoes
Hands down this is one of the best side dishes ever. Or a meal in itself.
- 7 - 10 Large russet potatoes
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp. SALT (I use Grey Sea Salt)
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lb. bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded marble cheddar or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Penzey's Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 tsp. Green Goddess Salad Dressing mix
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Spanish Style Paprika
Preparation time 5mins
Preheat oven to 360deg. Scrub the potatoes and pat dry. Pierce with a fork. Rub the potatoes generously with olive oil and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Grind or shake SALT over the potatoes, making sure to cover all sides. Bake at 350deg for 60-90 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 -15 minutes.
The potatoes will be hot, so use a clean towel or oven mitt (if needed) to handle the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the potato into a large bowl, being careful not to tear the skins. Lay the skins back on the foil-lined baking sheet To the bowl with the potatoes, add the butter and beat or mash until will blended. Add the bacon, cheese, PEPPER GREEN GODDESS and PAPRIKA and mix well. The mixture should be slightly stiff, as it will cook down when baked. Using a spoon, fill potato skins evenly with the potato mixture. Bake at 350deg for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Raising the oven temperature to broil for the last 5 minutes will make the tops more brown if desired.